Moppet introduces a BRAND NEW, Proudly South African children’s reading app featuring 100% original content
A new subscription-based, Apple iOS reading app for children suitable for all ages from toddlers to pre-teens
Moppet – Media personality and 5FM presenter Rob Forbes and author Jenni Myburgh are proud to announce the official launch of their children’s reading app, MOPPET.
“We believe that quality family time is so important and reading together and enjoying a story is a great way of encouraging family time,” says Rob Forbes. “What we want to do with Moppet is fill the need for an accessible and affordable platform for children’s content. And we want to introduce the world to our original characters. We’ve fallen in love with them, and you will too!”
“It’s been such an exciting process to launch Moppet. For us, this app is about bringing joy to children, about being able to share story time with families and have them enjoy the stories and characters as much as we do! We’ve received the most wonderful feedback from our beta testers! The first child we showed the app to began howling with laughter – and that makes the whole dream worth it,” says Jenni Myburgh.
The app features 100% original characters with beautifully illustrated content that is suitable for the whole family to enjoy.
A new story is released every two weeks and there are ten different story worlds to unlock, from Home Sweet Home, to SpookyVille, The Forest Realm and Robot City, among others.
What makes us different?
· It’s Original: Moppet features original characters, stories and illustrations and doesn’t recycle public domain stories.
· Read To Me: Moppet features “Read to Me”, which allows children to listen to the narrated story on their own.
· Read by Myself: This disables Moppet’s “Read to Me” feature, allowing users to read the story without assistance.
· Available Offline: Once the user has downloaded the story, it is available offline and can be accessed in the app without a permanent Internet connection.
· Subscription Service: Moppet operates a subscription model to the app itself, and not per story. This service ensures that users will have access to all stories and worlds during the subscription period, and receive a brand new story delivered straight to their Apple device (iPad or iPhone) every two weeks.
Our Pricing Structure
The app is free to download from the Apple App Store and the first story is free. Moppet employs a subscription service for its users, which ranges from:
· R59,99 for a month subscription
· R289,99 for a six-month subscription
· R479,99 for a one year subscription to the service.
Moppet is working to create a unique children’s reading app, unlike anything currently on the iOS reading/children’s market.
Media personality Rob Forbes has extensive award-winning media experience as a radio presenter and has been at 5FM for four years, co-hosting “The Forbes and Fix Show” from 13h00 – 16h00 on weekdays.
In 2012, Rob won the MTN Radio Award for the Best Campus Radio Breakfast Show Presenter while hosting the “Bang Bang Breakfast Show” at TuksFM. Rob is a qualified sound engineer with experience in recording, editing and producing music and voiceovers. Rob is also the voice of Moppet!
Author Jenni Myburgh has experience as a newspaper, radio, television and digital and gaming journalist, specialising in writing, editing and producing. She has written everything from news articles and political profiles to fluff pieces and interviews with gamers.
Currently, Jenni is responsible for writing and storyboarding Moppet’s original content. She has written a speculative fiction novel, based in Johannesburg and is hard at work writing the next one.
Want to know more? Please visit the Moppet website or find us on Twitter or on Facebook
Or contact Moppet directly: