The much anticipated launch of the News Cafe cocktail Menu has hit the stores. The menus authenticity goes beyond the expectations of their patrons, aptly dubbed ‘A News Cafe Cocktail Experience’. The menu boasts 10 carefully curated, cocktails that are served with theater, rare in vessel and unique in taste that will usher guests into a delightful world of cocktail flavours.
According to News Cafe Operations Executive, Ryan Pellatt, the signature cocktail menu will elevate the current News Cafe offering and experience. “The offering was created to ensure that the South African market can experience global mixology at its best, in an establishment that is well known.
The new cocktail menu ties into four flavour profiles, inclusive of Aromatic; Smokey; Indulgent and Delicate – giving any cocktail enthusiast an opportunity to navigate the menu:
- CALYPSO – With Jose Cuervo Tradicional Reposado Tequila, smoked IPA syrup, hibiscus tea, naartjie citric, smokey whisky and naartjie tincture.
- WEATHER THE STORM – With Havana Club 7 year old rum, vanilla ice cream, pineapple juice, angostura bitters, vanilla cola syrup, lime juice, served with litchi granita.
- GLAMBER – With Inverroche Amber Gin, Boschendal Brut Cap Classique, golden passion fruit sherbet, black pepper & vanilla extra dry vermouth with gold flakes.
- DAHLIA – With Patron Silver Tequila, Crème De Cacao, Cinzano Bianco Vermouth, cucumber syrup, lime juice served with a chilli salt rim.
- GO FLUFF YOURSELF – With Bacardi Reserva 8 year old rum, watermelon syrup, green melon juice, lime juice served with marshmallow fluff & toasted coconut.
- DROPS OF JUNIPER – With Bombay Sapphire Gin, lemon juice, rose syrup, martini prosecco, blue pea flower extract, cardamom tincture, served with citrus dust.
- MIRAGE – With Glenfiddich 12 year old whisky, apple, orange & rye syrup, lemon juice and soda water.
- THE RITUAL – With Woodford Reserve Bourbon, amaro blend, smokey whiskey, complex syrup.
- SNVL – With Absolut Vodka, vanilla syrup, grapefruit juice, Schweppes Indian tonic served with salted popcorn.
- KING PIN – With Hennessy V.S Cognac, pineapple & chermoula syrup, lemon juice, Schweppes ginger ale served with a gold dusted chocolate disk.
Selected cocktails also have a “switch your spirit option” which allows the consumer to experience an alternate key spirit ingredient, should they wish.
As an iconic South African franchise, pioneers and market leaders in the cocktail industry and social lifestyle venue category, News Cafe have taken a bold step in a new direction, to take back their bars and continue serving world class cocktails.
These cocktails are aligned perfectly with international and local trends that are widely, consumer driven to actively seek out better drinking options. The menu also sees a few of the signature cocktails being served as alcohol free.
For more information, follow News Cafe on social media – @newsfacevibez