By the end of 2020, the Google search for home renovations in South Africa increased 70% year on year.
Builders is one of the key drivers behind this growth and they are constantly expanding their footprint and offering in the country to meet those needs.
To celebrate the opening of their new store, Builders is taking consumers on a trends and DIY educational journey on how to improve your home and living space with a few easy steps. With the grand opening set for 25 March 2021, the new Builders store will be their 110th store in South Africa. Situated in Midrand, it will offer a shopping experience that focuses on online integration, improved departments, and improved services including a Vida e Café inside store.
The brand is tapping into the trend of feature walls by inspiring their consumers to create their own using floating shelves. This trend has been one that we have seen in many celeb homes and can take your space from drab to fab in just a few easy steps. For those of who have need to create storage space, the floating shelf trend is especially perfect, providing a chic way to revamp your home without breaking the budget. Its artsy and sophisticated and perfect for people looking for an understated wow-factor.
Here are the materials that you will need:
- 2x Floating shelves (600mm x 235mm x 38mm)
- Cordless drill
- Concrete drill bit
- Star Drill Bit
- Spirit Level
- Tape Measure
- Step 1: Once you have decided where you want to place the shelves, use the measuring tape to measure the distance from the ground up
- Step 2: Use the spirit level to ensure that there is a straight line, Inside the package there is a bracket which can be used to hold the shelf in place
- Step 3: Use the bracket and mark off the pilot holes with a pencil (don’t forget to put on your mask)
- Step 4: Use the concrete drill bit to drill the holes, once you have complete this, insert the plugs and fix the bracket to the wall
- Step 5: Once the bracket is up, all that will remain is to install the shelf, slide the shelf onto the bracket and use the spirit level to ensure the shelf is level
- Step 6 : Place the safety screws at the bottom of the shelf to ensure that the shelves stay in place at all times
(Repeat the process to add more shelves)
Builders Midrand customers will also be thrilled for some of the opening promotions and specials on products and services, which will be available from last month. The store services will include specialised glass cutting service and mirror finishing service, installation and assembly service, Tool Hire, a cut shop – to cut vinyl flooring, shade cloth, pool covers, steel etc. Pool Water analysis, key cutting, car key programing, remote programming and locksmith services, quotation and estimations, roof truss design and manufacture, delivery are also some of the services that can be enjoyed in store.
“We are excited for customers to experience our Midrand store and see all of our improvements. Midrand is the center of many commercial developments, office parks, and residential areas. Its population is diverse and reflective of a new market that we want to bring into our store. We prioritized convenience and the ease of use for all our customers and wanted to make it easier for them to walk through and get everything they need either through assisted or unassisted services.” concludes Munier Solomon, Marketing Operations Manager at Builders.