It goes without saying that the Festive Season is truly in our midst. From the decorative lights, colourful baubles to the massive Christmas tree that takes centre stage. This year, Cresta Shopping Centre has decided to put a twist to Festive celebrations that families and individuals can enjoy.
Introducing Festive Island – Cresta’s tropical Summer Festive experience for everyone to enjoy, especially the little ones. While many families have long planned to go away for the December holidays, Cresta has opted to curate a holiday experience specifically for those without Festive plans. And with the success of Cresta’s Easter Funny activation which won a bronze at this year’s SACSC awards, Festive Island is guaranteed to be a vibe for the entire family.
With a tropical island inspired theme that will have you daydreaming of that golden brown sand and blue waters, Festive Island will also include some traditional aspects of the Festive Season. The Festive Island activation aims to not only bring a fun and exciting holiday programme for the little ones, but it gives the adults a chance to take advantage of the festive sales in the centre across all its 260 stores available.
The Cresta Festive Island will kick-off on the 10th of December until the 24th of December 2022 between 10:00 to 18:00 at the Mugg & Bean Court, Upper Level Food Court. Activities will include;
· Festive Island Play Centre – Have the kids work off their sugar-rush at the Island themed Play Centre.
· Santa Photo Opportunities – Take some snaps with Santa and have them printed at the Foto First stand. Patrons will also be afforded specials on frames and other photography products specifically for this Festive.
· Paid Kids Arts & Crafts – Kids can have fun decorating Festive Island themed treats and accessories
· Puss-In-Boots Character Appearance – For the long-awaited Puss-In-Boots movie set to premier in January 2023, there will be a character appearance for the kiddies exclusively on the 19th of December between 10:00-13:00.
· Gift-wrapping service available – In support of local Northcliff NPO, Women Empowerment Platform, for a minimum donation of R10, Shoppers can get a maximum of 10 gifts wrapped.
· Entertainment – Entertainment by Young Rebel Recording Studio to get the Festive mood going.
· Jozi Karts – Take up the challenge and race away against your loved ones at the Jozi Kart Go-Kart track located at Entrance 4 Undercover Parking, Level 1 (close to Turn ‘n Tender/ Panarottis entrance).
What’s The Festive Season Without Giving Back?
Cresta Shopping Centre has always been an integral part of the wider Randburg community and has always ensured that NPOs or residents benefit from their activities. This year, proceeds from the gift-wrapping service which will only cost shoppers R10 per 10 gifts, will be donated to the Women Empowerment Platform located in Northcliff as part of the centre’s many outreach initiatives this year.
The Women Empowerment Platform (WEP) is a home that takes care of orphaned, abused, neglected and abandoned children between the ages of 1 to 15 years. Currently the home houses 30 children with WEP taking in 10 more children in the coming year. All proceeds will go towards taking care of the children (each with their own specific needs) and improving the home.
Trading hours will be extended during the Festive period from 12-24 December as follows:
· Monday – Saturday: 09h00-19h00
· Sunday & Public Holidays: 09h00-18h00
· This also means that all trading hours for restaurants in the centre will also be extended.
For more information, follow Cresta Shopping Centre on all social media platforms:
- Facebook: @crestashoppingcentre
- Twitter & Instagram: @crestacentre