Food. This simple four-letter word means different things to different people but there is one thing about food we can all agree on: it brings people together. Of course, it nourishes us too, but it is also central to a lot of good memories. This ethos lies at the heart of @Deli which is located on the Piazza of the impressive Acsiopolis precinct on Benmore Road.
Get ready to tantalise your taste buds with a fresh and exciting dining experience from @Deli’s new harvest table! Offering a delightful selection of dishes making the most flavourful and creative use of new products in store and seasonal produce, @Deli’s harvest table is all about celebrating the vibrant flavours of the season in the most delectable ways. Available every Thursday and Friday, from 12 pm until closing, it creates the perfect opportunity to indulge in a bountiful spread that is both enticing and wholesome. Each helping will be sold by weight, ensuring you get the perfect portion of your favourite dishes at a competitive price.
Variety is the spice of life at @Deli’s harvest table! The dynamic menu will feature an ever-changing assortment of dishes, so you can look forward to a brand-new culinary adventure with each visit. From savoury delights to sweet temptations, the menu will feature expertly crafted, mouthwatering masterpieces that guarantee you’ll never get bored. The most popular items will make a comeback based on valuable customer feedback, making it a truly customer-centric dining experience.
“With the launch of @Deli’s harvest table, we aim to create an enchanting fusion of flavours that excite both the seasoned foodie and the curious culinary explorer among our customers,” says Paul Alves, manager at @Deli by Acsiopolis. “Our commitment to spotlighting new products and seasonal produce allows us to present familiar ingredients in new and exciting ways, elevating our customer’s dining experience to new heights.”
Beyond the delightful dining experience, @Deli’s harvest table is set to embrace the digital age with open arms. Customers can expect to uncover an array of @Deli recipes, inspired by the exquisite dishes, which will be shared on @Deli’s social media platforms. So, if you fall in love with a particular dish during your visit, fret not! You will have access to its recipe and the ingredients shopping list, empowering you to recreate the magic of @Deli’s harvest table in the comfort of your own home.
Former Miss SA and Miss Universe Zozibini Tunzi, makes her home at the @Sandton-Apartments and is a regular at @Deli where she sources ingredients for her two favourite recipes.
Zozi’s Green Smoothie
- 3–4 cups fresh baby spinach (about 3–4 large handfuls)
- 1 cup freshly cut pineapple (fresh is best for the enzymes, but frozen is OK too)
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup of filtered water
- sprig of mint
- 4–5 ice cubes
1. Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy
Zozi’s Salmon Pasta
- 400g salmon fillets, skin-on
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the creamy pasta sauce:
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 500g pasta, cooked (reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water)
2. Pat the salmon dry with paper towels. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the salmon, skin-side down, and cook until the skin is crispy and golden (approximately 3 to 4 minutes). Carefully flip the fish over and cook for another minute or two on the other side until done to your preference. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Add the butter to the pan then add the onion. Cook for a few minutes until softened and add the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds then pour in the cream. Add the dill and lemon then bring to a gently simmer.
5. Simmer the cream sauce for 5 to 7 minutes until it coats the back of a spoon. Flake in the salmon and season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the pasta and toss until the pasta is coated in the sauce. If necessary add a few tablespoons of pasta water to get the sauce to the right consistency.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning, then serve.
@Deli is the ultimate one-stop gourmet destination not only for residents of @Sandton-Apartments which are located in the same Acsiopolis precinct, but for anyone who lives and works in Sandton and its surrounding areas. Whether you’re a seasoned food enthusiast or simply on the lookout for a memorable culinary escapade, @Deli’s harvest table promises to be an irresistible destination for all. Make sure to mark your calendars for Thursday, 3 August and be among the first to experience the goodness that awaits at @Deli by Acsiopolis.