Samsung Launches Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX in SA
Samsung takes fitness to new levels with GPS sports band and cord-free fitness earbuds
Samsung Electronics South Africa has announced the availability of the Samsung Gear Fit2 and the Gear IconX locally, the newest additions to Samsung’s range of advanced sports technologies.
The Gear Fit2 sports band features an embedded GPS and a heart rate monitor (HRM) that offers accurate and robust fitness tracking and measurement, while providing instant feedback on the user’s workout. The Gear IconX are truly cord-free earbuds that can track fitness information and provide users with feedback on their running performance. Both the Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX are optimised to enhance training and help improve users’ fitness levels, whether users are training for a marathon or taking a daily stroll through the neighborhood.
Craige Fleischer, Director of Integrated Mobility at Samsung Electronics South Africa, says the latest Samsung fitness wearables are designed with consumers’ fitness needs in mind, delivering features such as precise tracking technology and a standalone music player to provide users with the optimal fitness experience. “Go farther, do better and get the most out of every workout – with the Gear Fit2 and the IconX it just couldn’t be any simpler,” Fleischer mentions.
Gear Fit2: Advanced Features for Fitness
- Features an ergonomic, sleek and slim design for comfortable everyday use.
- Provides a Super AMOLED curved display with a high-resolution color touchscreen for easy fitness monitor, or checking and responding to text message notifications.
- Embedded GPS and HRM sensor for accurate data tracking of activities that fit any lifestyle.
- With a Auto Activity Tracking feature, users won’t have to manually activate the sports band – whether running, walking, cycling, or utilizing rowing machine or elliptical trainer.
- Enables easy transfer of fitness data between S Health and other select fitness applications, providing 1:1 competition with your friends.
- The standalone music player enables users to actively workout with motivation without the need of a mobile device.
Gear IconX: A Simple and Wireless Experience
- Provides a lightweight, secure and comfortable fit with three different sizes of eartips and wingtips, activated by simply placing the earbuds in the user’s ears.
- Enables tracking of fitness data such as distance, speed, duration, heart rate and calories burned, easily syncing with S Health.
- Includes a Voice Guide feature that provides instant voice feedback on the user’s workout progress and provides a standalone music listening experience.
- With Bluetooth capability and an internal storage that can play up to 1,000 MP3s – users can simply tap or swipe the earbuds to easily control the music.
“Throughout the journey of bringing new innovations and concepts to the smart wearable market, Samsung has bravely pioneered this category with its advanced wearable portfolio. The new Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX encourage consumers to stay healthy and active with Samsung’s range of smart lifestyle products,” concludes Fleischer.
The Gear Fit2 is currently available in South Africa at Dion Wired, Incredible Connection, Makro and Samsung brand stores. The Gear IconX will be available locally in August at Dion Wired, Incredible connection, Makro, Samsung brand stores and TFG (The Foschini Group) stores.
|SPECIFICATIONS||GEAR FIT2||GEAR ICONX|
|Display||1.5”, Curved Super AMOLED 216 x 432||–|
|Chipset||Dual Core (1 GHz)||–|
|Memory||512 MB (RAM) / 4 GB Storage||4 GB / up to 1,000 songs|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth® v 4.2||Bluetooth® v 4.1|
|Sensor||Accelerometer, Gyro, HRM, Built-in GPS, Barometer||Accelerometer, HR, Capacitive Touch|
|Dimension||24.5 (W) x 51.2 (D) mm||Earbud: 18.9 (W) x 26.0 (D) /
Case: 92.0 (W) x 35.3 (D)
|Earbud: 6.3g per earbud /
|Battery||200mAh||Earbud: 47mAh /
Charging Case: 315mAH
|Compatibility||Android 4.4/ RAM 1.5 GB||Android 4.4/ RAM 1.5 GB|
· Notifications (SNS, call, email, applications, schedule)
· Black, blue and pink
|Microphone||–||2ea per earbud|
|· Small (Size of the wrist: 125 ~ 170mm)
· Large (Size of the wrist: 155 ~ 210mm)
· IP68 certified (up to 30 minutes in up to 1.5m of water)
· Standalone music player
|· Black, blue and white
· Splash resistant (P2i Nano Coating)
· Standalone music player
· Voice guide (available in 15 languages)
|Audio||Audio formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, M4A, AMR, AWB, OGG, OGA, 3GA||Audio formats: MP3, WMA v9, WAV, AAC, M4A|
*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
For official launch film of Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX, please visit:
Gear Fit2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHK5SAHj1ZE
Gear IconX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qto3jm36Tw